You want to buy a great instrument: should you go to a quality Bay Area piano store or buy from a private owner?
Truth be told, the answer depends on an array of factors, such as:
- Your budget and timeframe;
- Your need for expert assistance in selecting an instrument;
- What you plan to use the instrument for (e.g. recording, practicing, composing, singing accompaniment, etc)
- Your desire for a warranty or other guarantees on the product;
- Your need (or lack thereof) for a payment plan or the ability to trade one instrument against the price of another, etc.
If you’re located in the Bay Area, and you are looking for the perfect deal, please consider shopping with us here at Pianos Plus. We are a family-owned business that’s been serving customers like you for over four decades. We have a passion for helping people express their musical talents.
Our low overhead means we can provide fantastically low prices on a staggeringly diverse selection of digital, hybrid, and classical pianos. Our staff is enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and we can help you find the right instrument for your specific needs.
For instance, if you’re looking for a “show piano” to decorate your Bay Area condo, you’ll have obviously very different buying parameters than if you want a practical instrument to train your children. Likewise, a singer-songwriter will have different piano needs than will a jazz pianist. The acoustics of your piano room, your tuning and maintenance schedule, your skill level, and dozens of other factors can influence which instrument might be optimal for you.
If you buy from a private owner, you might get lucky and connect with the piano that’s “decent enough” for your needs. However, our staff can give you an unmatchable level of service and insight that will pay dividends for years.