The Benefits of Taking Piano Lessons
Piano lessons can be a fun part of a sophisticated upbringing. However, playing the piano does more than impress visitors. Here are somewhat surprising reasons to learn to play piano:
- Learning music improves the auditory cortex. Aging musicians don’t experience as many hearing problems as their peers do.
- Learning to play an instrument correlates with high academic achievement in math, science, and language arts.
- Children who take music lessons have stronger vocabularies than those who do not.
- Piano lessons increase discipline, focus, dedication, patience, and coordination.
- Musical training improves brain function. Memory, attention span, language skills, and emotional expression are all stronger in people with early musical training.
- Pitches are set. With Yamaha pianos, you won’t spend time training to make the right sounds come out of the instrument, as is the case with wind instruments.
- Pianos can be played at any age, from 3 to over 100 years old.
- Pianos are everywhere. Many homes, shopping centers, schools, and of course piano stores have pianos that anyone can sit down and play.
- Making music can decrease stress at a molecular level.
- Pianos can be solitary or collaborative instruments.
Start Taking Music Lessons In The Bay Area!
Our authorized Yamaha piano dealers can help you find the perfect instrument for your young musician and connect you with our wonderful music teachers. Start taking lessons from us this month! Stop by our piano showroom or give us a call at 510-581-1660.